Preliminary Exercise Learner Response

1) Teacher Feedback

WWW:
You have displayed some excellent editing and technical skills throughout this preliminary exercise. In particular, I enjoyed the variety of camera angles and shots which helped establish the fantasy genre.

EBI: 
The bit where Shrehaa says “I think I got away” feels slow and does not add urgency or pace to the scene - I wondered if you could have changed this to a perspective shot of her looking around but the ending was good nonetheless.


2) 
 Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points (What Went Well) and three EBI bullet points (Even Better If) for your preliminary exercise. 

WWW
  • I used a variation of shots and angles
  • I used diegetic and non-diegetic sound

EBI
  • The chase part should be a bit longer because it was quite short
  • I need more dialogue between the main character and the other one

3) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project? List three things you have learned or will do differently as a result of this exercise. You may want to comment on organisation, actors, filming, editing or something else entirely but be specific.

  • I have learnt how to use different camera shots and angles to establish setting and action.
  • I have learnt that action is an important aspect of the video otherwise its quite boring and plain.
  • In my coursework I need to have more dialogue between characters as in my preliminary work only one character talked.

Comments